SPECIALITIES – BACK
We have discovered that low back pain is synonymous with sacroiliac joint dysfunction. This is certainly not a mainstream practice or belief. Including the sacroiliac joint with low back treatment has been the consistent piece of the puzzle not considered with any low back pain diagnosis. The Lumbar Discs and sacroiliac joint are simply not diagnosed and not treated. The problem with ignoring the most important joint complex of the back is that traditional therapeutic exercises for back pain is that they aggravate the SIJ complex.
There is always a reason for pain. You have to be able to find it, that is you need to establish a cause < > effect relationship. The Leveling Technique is ideal and superior to accomplish this differential diagnosis.
Once the SIJ dysfunction has been identified, then it will change the way you approach resolution of back pain. We treat backs as joints, we treat the source of back pain. Please see our Philosophy of Care for more information on the Leveling Technique.
Who can we help?
For those who suffer from sciatica, hip pain, numbness and tingling, acute and chronic back pain, bulging discs, post-surgery back pain, pregnancy related back pain and herniated discs, Alternative Back Care has a solution.
Who should see us for back pain relief?
- Anyone who hasn’t achieved relief with any past or current interventions
- If pain fluctuates in intensity with good and bad days.
- Experiencing radiating pain in lower body.
- Those who want to avoid surgery.
- Those who have low back pain and have not heard about the sacroiliac joint.
- People who believe they have a hip problem that is not diagnosed.
It is estimated that 80% of people will experience a back problem at some time in their life. Back pain is one of the most common reasons for missing work and the second most common reason to visit the doctor’s office. Over $100 billion is spent on back pain each year and is the leading cause of disability in Americans under the age of 45.
How the SI joint relates to back pain:
Back pain has one of the worst resolution rates of all orthopedic injuries. Why? The correct source of pain is being ignored. At Alternative Back Care we believe back pain originates from the sacroiliac (SI) joint and the lumbar facet joints. Accurate alignment of these joints equal relief.
What is the SI joint?
- Joint between the sacrum and ilium
- Joined by strong ligaments
- Forces from the entire body are generated through this joint with almost everything that we do.
- If ligaments are torn, sprained, or the joint is out of place, pain is the result and the entire back can compensate for this malfunction, creating more back pain.